What Does a Pool & Hot Tub/ Spa Service Technician Do?
Pool & Hot Tub/ Spa Service Technicians (237S) repair, service and maintain all types of above-ground, on-ground and in-ground swimming pools, and hot tub/spa structures.
Job Related Skills, Interests and Values
- reading and interpreting work documentation, including proposals, work orders, schematics and manufacturer’s specifications
- troubleshooting and servicing circulating, heating, filtering and electrical systems as well as pool and hot tub/spa structures
- acquiring a good working knowledge of pool & spa structures, applicable Building & Zoning codes, Safety practices, Compulsory Trades Regulations, Municipal and Fencing By-Laws and Regulations as well as Licensing and Electrical Codes and Regulations
- inspecting and testing the performance and function of a variety of equipment and systems, including multimeter or ammeter tests
- replacing and repairing faulty parts, components or structures
- using a variety of hand tools for repair and replacement purposes, including hammers, chisels, trowels, wrenches, glue, saws, epoxy, lubricants, shop vac, pipe cutters, hand torches, paint, roller and tray
- keeping pace with work scheduling requirements
- completing work documentation such as time sheets, work orders, invoices to record parts used, nature and scope of service problems warranty coverage, serial numbers, and pressure & gauge readings in a clear accurate way to company standards
- communicating with customers, co-workers, supervisors and sub-trades personnel
What Preparation and Training Do You Need?
, you must be at least 16 years of age or older in the province of Alberta and have completed Grade 12 or equivalent. High school courses in English, Math or Science would be helpful, and enrollment in cooperative education in this field would be an asset. On job training provided
What’s Your Future as a Pool & Hot Tub/ Spa Service Technician?
People who work in this field may work outdoors, full-time while the weather permits or throughout the year.
The wage rate in this field varies: from a low of $12.00 per hour to a high of $23.00 per hour according to the Wage Book published by HRDC.
Ask Yourself: Is Working as a Pool & Hot Tub/ Spa Service Technician for You?
Do you enjoy working with hand tools tools, diagnosing and fixing things?
Do you have good reading, writing, mathematical and problem-solving skills?
Can you plan and organize tasks and manage your time effectively?
Are you able to bend, stretch, kneel, stand, carry and lift up to 30 lbs in weight?
Are you interested in gaining knowledge of various regulations involving the sub-trades, as well as learning about surveying and site planning, plumbing, electrical systems and water chemistry?
Do you enjoy working in a hectic team environment interacting with co-workers, other trades, customers and supervisors?
If you answered Yes to most of these questions, Pool & Hot Tub/ Spa Service Technician may be for You! Please send in resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
this position open to both genders and all nationalities